Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Yard Art

I went to this local artist show the other day and saw something so cute. I felt kind of bad not purchasing it from the artist, but I'm all about borrowing great ideas from other people and claiming them for my own :-)


Here are the supplies.
Helpful tip: Chick-Fil-A always makes projects more fun!


I went to the local thrift store to find the molds and pie pan. I had the knob from a previous project and the rest came from Lowes. It was really fun searching around for pieces that could work as flower parts!


I spray painted the mold and knob. Drilled holes in the plate and mold and used the knob to attach it to the post.





Next up was the leaves. For this I bought some metal siding and just cut out a couple leaves, painted them and just attached them with screws.


This was such a fun project and fairly simple. I did spray it with poly to help protect it a little.


Won't it add some fun character to a flower bed or something?


* I link my projects to the following amazing blogs whose links you can find on my side bar
- Todays creative Blog
- Someday Crafts
- Somewhat simple






7 comments:

  1. it would be so cute in MY flower beds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative and cute! It makes me ready for spring. :-)

    I would love to have you link this to my Fix It Up Friday link party.

    http://blessingsoverflowing.blogspot.com/2011/02/fix-it-up-friday-new-life-for-old.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you cut the metal leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this was an exceptiοnally good post.
    Takіng the tіme аnd аctual effort to
    make а good article… but what can I say…
    I hesitate а lot and neѵer manage to gеt anything
    done.

    My websitе: Visit the up coming internet page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Undenіablу believe that ωhіch you ѕtated.
    Υour favorіte јustіficаtion seеmeԁ to bе on the web the simplest thing tο be
    awаre οf. I say tо you, І cеrtainly gеt irked whіle
    people consiԁer woгries that theу just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    My site: How To Stop Premature Ejaculation

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! What did you think?

Remember, if asking a question to click on "subscribe by email" Thanks!