Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chip Board coat rack

A friend of mine just bought a house so of course I had to make her something! Off to Hobby Lobby I went in search for inspiration!
Hobby Lobby has all their chip board on sale for $.99 cents this week. And the paper was 3 for &1.00!
Originally I was just going to decorate the letters and leave it at that, but I had these left over knobs from a dresser redo and thought they might look pretty cool so it turned into a kind of coat rack.

Basically, I mod- podged the paper onto the letters, drilled a hole for the knobs and used gorilla glue and small nails to connect the letters together in the back with scrap wood to give it a little more stability. So easy and total I think this project cost $6.00
I still need to add some kind of hanger on the back, but I think it turned out pretty cute!
Here is the back


And the final project! I hope she likes it!

PS: yes, that is actually a "W", but they were out of "M's"! You can't really tell can you?

6 comments:

  1. I went to my Hobby Lobby yesterday to pick up a M chipboard letter (.99 was a great price, right?) and it was out of M's also. They also had some really thick paper mache letters and there was no M's there either. I wonder if the company doesn't actually make a different letter for each and the m & w are the same?

    Well great minds think alike, cause I grabbed the W with the intention of using it upside down also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. That is a really cool idea! It doubles as a coat rack! Love this one!!!!! Great price on the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! Coming over from Funky Junk Interiors, following you now! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT and can't wait to hang it up!! thanks for my housewarming present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so weird Lisa, you may be right though. W's work just as well! Good to know they are on sale this week again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! What did you think?

Remember, if asking a question to click on "subscribe by email" Thanks!