Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monogrammed Art

 

This is a different take on my previous fabric art.

  crafts 003-1 

For this I used Steam-a-Seam to adhere the monogram onto the base fabric. Then I stitched around each letter with a black zig-zag stitch to help it stand out a little.

I just printed out the monogram and then traced it onto the steam a seam backing backwards.  I am sure there is a more exact way to do this, but I have never been one for exactness.crafts 001-1

This was actually a gift for a dear friend of mine who got engaged this weekend.  It was waiting for them when they arrived at the “just engaged” party!

crafts 006-1

Her new last initial and there first initials. The maroon and white colors are a nod to Texas A&M!  A school near and dear to both of them (and me)!

crafts 004-1

Congratulations Mark and Dean-na! I am so excited for you guys!

crafts 022

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting! What did you think?

Remember, if asking a question to click on "subscribe by email" Thanks!