Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Burlap Wreath

My front door was looking a little sad after the holidays so I thought I would try my hand at all those cute wreaths I have been seeing around.

I started out wanting to make a coffee filter wreath, but since I live in Houston and it is pretty humid 90% of the time, I didn't think it would hold up very well outside. I went with burlap instead!


I started with a basic styro wreath and wrapped it in plain white ribbon.
I took some burlap and cut about 50 3inch squares. I was not exact on this at all, some squares were bigger than others. I really just eye-balled it. That's the way I do things!


To make all the "puffs" for lack of a better word, I used hot glue. I put a dab in the middle of the square, folded it diagonally and then did it again. Again, i was not exact.




Then I just hot-glued each puff to the wreath, filling in gaps along the way.



And since Valentines day is the next holiday, I made some red rosettes out of some red burlap I had. I'm not crazy about them, but for now I think it will do. I may change that out sometime soon, but overall I am happy with the final product.

PS: can you tell the pictures on this post are tons better than previous ones? That's because of my awesome camera I got for Christmas! One day soon I will actually learn how to edit photos and then blog-world beware!!!


2 comments:

  1. um, i LOVE this wreath! and i think the roses are so cute on it!
    you are so crafty and talented. love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! What did you think?

Remember, if asking a question to click on "subscribe by email" Thanks!