Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

A reminder


I made this sign for my mom. She just started a new job, a promotion for her, and with that comes more responsibility. She admits she can get a little anxious sometimes and wanted something in her office to look at as a reminder to trust in the Lord at all times. I hope this helps!


* sorry the picture is bad, its from my phone!

The wood came from the "as is" section in Ikea. I think it was a cabinet door or something. I wanted a little of the original wood to come through so I put the vinyl letters down before I spray painted it the brown color. Once dry, I peeled the letters off. I wanted to accent some of the words, so I used scrapbook paper and modge podge for those. After I had all the letters where I wanted them, I coated it with a spray poly to protect it!

It took awhile to get the spacing right, but I think it works.

Mom, I am so proud of you for taking on a new challenge. I know you will do a great job and I hope this helps you remember that GOD is with you always!!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you, honey for the sweet note. I have my sign in a prominent position in my office where I can see it all the time and take to heart the words and remember that my awesome daughter made it for me! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! What did you think?

Remember, if asking a question to click on "subscribe by email" Thanks!